[ExI] Rossi-Focardi device again

Mirco Romanato painlord2k at libero.it
Sat May 21 20:42:03 UTC 2011

Il 21/05/2011 19:20, spike ha scritto:
>> ... On Behalf Of Mirco Romanato
> Subject: Re: [ExI] Rossi-Focardi device again
> Il 20/05/2011 17:48, Alfio Puglisi ha scritto:

> Gentlemen, one thing this particular internet chatter group can offer
> that others do not is that many or perhaps most of us here have the
> scientific and technical sophistication to look up nucleon energies
> and do the maths.

> We need not concern ourselves over who said what or
> what degrees this other guy has or what scams were done by whom and
> when.  Ignore all that, get out the dusty old nucleon chart from
> college (so tragically many years ago) make a spreadsheet, imagine a
> theoretical muon-catalysed proton capture (which is what they are
> claiming) and find some kind of nickel to copper transition (which is
> what they are claiming), any isotope combination from nickel to
> copper, pick your favourite pair of (stable) isotopes, go ahead and
> theorize any wacky variation, such as a triple proton capture coupled
> with an alpha decay, or whatever you want.  Do not worry about the
> fact that physics as we know it says protons and alphas will not
> behave this way, just map out end points a! nd look up nucleon
> energies, find *any* mysterious path from any marginally stable
> nickel isotope to *any* marginally stable copper isotope, then come
> on back and tell us what you found.

Wait.
If there is something we don't know (probable), we can not look at any
possible path because we can not be sure we know all of them.

What we must look at are M1 "mass + energy at the start" and M2 "mass+
energy at the end".

M1 - M2 > energy produced

Do the mass + energy of a Hydrogen atom and Nickel atom summed are
greater than the mass + energy of Copper?

If it is so, we can not rule out some transmutation plus energy production.

Now, I read in the report of Essen and Kullander:

"On the other hand, 0.11 gram hydrogen and 6 grams of nickel (assuming
that we use one proton for each nickel atom) are about sufficient to
produce 24 MWh through nuclear processes assuming that 8 MeV per
reaction can be liberated as free energy. For comparison, 3 liters of
oil or 0.6 kg of hydrogen would give 25 kWh through chemical burning.
Any chemical process for producing 25 kWh from any fuel in a 50 cm3
container can be ruled out. The only alternative explanation is that
there is some kind of a nuclear process that gives rise to the measured
energy production."

I assume they would know if H + Ni --> Cu is theoretically endothermic
or exothermic and how much it could be. If they don't, they would be a
joke of physics professors.

By the way, I made a check and the rate of burning 25kWh in six hours is
24 MWh in 250 days. Compatible with the six months between recharge
claimed by Rossi for the same type of e-cat with the same quantity of fuel.

> I did this, couldn't find a reasonable starting point/endpoint pair

Do you found any unreasonable pair?
What constitute "unreasonable"?

> Conclusion: it's all either a lie or a colossal mistake.

Or they found something new that work in some way never dreamed before.

> If I am wrong, I will be morally obligated to eat my nucleon chart.

In an interview, when Prof Celani asked about the soft gamma, Focardi
replied that when, in January, they were subjected to the question about
the lacking of hard gamma, they did a review of the literature. They
found that the beta+ decay that was supposed (in the old texts people
refer) to happen 50% of the time, in reality happen very rarely or never.

If people here can access to the appropriate papers, could they look if
never papers about copper isotopes decay give different results than
older papers?

Now, I think it is improbable that Focardi could have told a naked lie
about this.

> In this case, I would devour it most cheerfully with ketchup and
> relish, for two reasons: 1) it lies to me, and 2) all mankind's
> problems are solved forever.

If you do, drown it down with some good wine.
We will see in October anyway.
160 days to know.

Mirco