[ExI] Small scale solar payback time (was Re: Planetary defense)

spike spike66 at att.net
Tue May 24 13:28:33 UTC 2011

>... On Behalf Of Eugen Leitl

>> of course the current energy companies which may hire
>> environmentalists to defeat such a notion.  That could be huge, perhaps a
show stopper.

>I don't see environmentalists here hating on solar wind and geothermal.
>If yours do (really?), they're obviously fake environmentalists. -- Eugen*
Leitl

Our environmental protection law does not distinguish between real and fake
environmentalists.  Either can sue to gum up the works on a competitor's
power generation scheme.  Legal costs and delays can easily dominate all the
engineering challenges combined.  The fake environmentalists are actually
the biggest threat: they have actual money behind them.  While the real ones
are out protesting, sitting in trees and doing silly stuff like that, the
corporate ones have teams of lawyers and a highly effective agenda.