[ExI] Power satellites microwave power transmission

spike spike66 at att.net
Thu May 26 10:01:07 UTC 2011

Subject: Re: [ExI] Power satellites microwave power transmission

----- Original Message ----
>> From: Keith Henson <hkeithhenson at gmail.com>
>> Subject: [ExI] Power satellites microwave power transmission
>
>> http://www.kurzweilai.net/a-radical-alternative-to-nuclear-reactors

>...Hey Keith. I am sure you are aware that I am proponent of SBSP but one
thing that troubles me is that I have yet to see a good plan to get rid of
the waste heat generated by gigawatt power generation in the vacuum of
space. Do you have any suggestions on how to cool an SPS so that the
resistance of the power conduits does not choke off the power supply?
Anybody?  Stuart LaForge

Hi Avant, radiating heat from space based solar collectors is not a show
stopper, not even a show slower.  Radiators do require more payload, but
with a clear view to all that cold space all around, you can treat it as a
blackbody at 3 Kelvin as your cold reservoir, and use our old friend
Boltzmann's law.

Now if the subject is an MBrain, we need to think carefully where the waste
heat goes, but not for solar power.