[ExI] germany to nuke its nukes

BillK pharos at gmail.com
Tue May 31 10:55:49 UTC 2011

On Tue, May 31, 2011 at 11:44 AM, Eugen Leitl wrote:
> I've been watching this country for 30+ years. I frankly
> cannot even muster disgust. I just don't care anymore.

I didn't think nuclear power was the immediate concern of the German voters.

Merkel is going to be voted out because of the cutbacks and bailouts
of Greece etc.
People vote by the state of their wallet.

Of course, Merkel knows that she isn't really bailing out Greece. Any
bailout money that goes to Greece bounces straight back out again into
German bank coffers. She's bailing out German bankers. (Who are as
unpopular in Germany as they are anywhere else).

BillK