[ExI] The U.S. will no longer dominate science and research, says Penn State scientist

Stefano Vaj stefano.vaj at gmail.com
Wed Nov 9 14:06:51 UTC 2011

2011/11/9 John Grigg <possiblepaths2050 at gmail.com>:
> I think a balance between competition and cooperation in this area may be a
> good thing for the world, so even if we ignore a particular field of study,
> someone else might not.  I wonder if U.S. leaders will become alarmed enough
> to greatly increase funding due to a desire to continue dominating
> scientific research...

In fact, I am opposed to globalisation and weary of fantasies of
global governance because not only a more pluralistic world gives us
more chances in comparison with the option of putting all the eggs in
the same basket, but also because *all* systems are kept more
efficient and "honest" by competitive and Darwinian pressures
operating on them...

Speaking of papers, however, one should still see whether we are
speaking of actually relevant technoscientific stuff, or just new
variants of  "business methods" à la Ponzi or postmodernist literary
critics... :-)

--
Stefano Vaj