[ExI] Why Pioneers Breed Like Rabbits

Eugen Leitl eugen at leitl.org
Fri Nov 11 12:49:09 UTC 2011

On Fri, Nov 11, 2011 at 12:27:43PM +0000, BillK wrote:
> On Fri, Nov 11, 2011 at 12:05 PM, Eugen Leitl wrote:
> <snip>
> > Yes, that's your opinion, we know. The universe disagrees.
> >

> Ah, but the universe doesn't disagree. If any advanced civ ever did

Maybe the unicorns shit invisible fumets, or maybe the unicorns
are simply not there.

We're not in anyone's smart light cone.

> have expansionary ambitions the age of our galaxy means that it would
> already be swamped by that species - even at sub-light expansion
> speeds.
>
> 'Where is everybody?'

As observing observer-extinguishing/observer-emergence-preventing
relativistic expansion wavefronts is hard the best way to observe
one is to be the nucleus of one. Don't look right now, but you're
soaking in it.