[ExI] OWS Rolling in the Mud

Kelly Anderson kellycoinguy at gmail.com
Wed Nov 16 05:20:33 UTC 2011

2011/11/13 Kevin G Haskell <kgh1kgh2 at gmail.com>:
> Giovanni Santostasi's first reply to Kevin G Haskell, and Kevin's response:
> There would be a lot more types of people like Steve Jobs if people were
> properly educated in our public schools on how to start and effectively run
> businesses.  They don't, so most creative people feel confined to practicing
> within the career they were were trained within, and not taking those skills
> to a higher level to expanding it.

On December 1st, I am going to a fifth grade all day exercise where
they set up little mini businesses, and try to make a microcosm of
capitalism for the day. I will be sure and report back how well they
are educating the fifth graders. Interestingly, my son is a special
needs student, and he is still invited as long as I escort him. That's
pretty cool from my point of view.

So, perhaps this sort of education is not entirely dead... just "mostly dead"...

-Kelly