[ExI] Slow thinking

spike spike66 at att.net
Sun Oct 2 05:23:00 UTC 2011

.  The closest analogy we have is that the
overwhelming majority of people today spend more time reading stuff on the
internet than we do reading Shakespeare.spike

Hmm, I can do better than that.

The reason why the cosmic sphere is quiet is a reason analogous to why
everyone here has online friends to which we tap out messages regularly, why
most of us here have friended strangers on Facebook, but none of us have a
pen pal in Africa.  The value of the information we get from the pen pal
wouldn't be worth the effort to keep the dialog going.