[ExI] The twists & turns of politics & idealism (was: The End of the Future)

Adrian Tymes atymes at gmail.com
Wed Oct 5 20:39:19 UTC 2011

2011/10/5 Amon Zero <amon at doctrinezero.com>:
> Arresting extant politicians under laws meant for organised crime doesn't
> strike me as a plausible or even desirable option, but i do appreciate the
> effort to make sense of a clearly ambiguous statement on my part.

No problem.  :)

> So no arresting politicians, then. Now *bankers*, on the other hand...   ;-)

Where do you draw the line?  Especially if said politicians simply squash
any attempt to arrest said bankers, if you actually start doing something
that matters.

By "the leaders of", I wasn't thinking any sitting Congressperson or state
legislator.  Rather, the organizers of the political parties, who manage the
donations.  (And who might like to pretend they have the authority to order
Congress to quash these investigations - but if any attempt to do so gets
traced back to being orders from the very person being investigated, that
does give cause to ignore the order to quash, no?)