[ExI] The twists & turns of politics & idealism (was: The End of the Future)

Adrian Tymes atymes at gmail.com
Fri Oct 7 22:08:33 UTC 2011

2011/10/7 Amon Zero <amon at doctrinezero.com>:
> For their own reasons, many people find personal significance in the date of
> Friday December 21st, 2012. We have decided to use awareness of this
> particular date as an ally in our efforts toward true democracy and freedom.
> On that day, the Zero State will form a democratic, open, global alternative
> government. The alternative government is intended as a People's Forum, to
> hear different points of view, coordinate volunteer activity, and chart a
> common course toward a positive future which we can all share.

Acknowledging that you mean a "forum" rather than an "alternative
government" - why wait until 2012?  Forums such as this can be created
with much less prep work.  I could see possibly starting on 12/21/2011.
Put it over a year out, and people won't remember when it gets close.

Besides, if you do try running some candidates, starting this December
lets you try a few experiments in 2012, while it's still new enough that
you can say you're trying, but even a complete defeat is okay since it
shows you how to win when you try "for real" (2014, when you may have
less competition).