[ExI] The Parallel Man

Dennis May dennislmay at yahoo.com
Sun Oct 9 18:13:48 UTC 2011

I'm sure this has been discussed before but I would
like to hear what others have to say about the
idea of gradually adding more and more artificial
capacity to the human brain with the idea that
when the biological part fails the artificial takes
takes its place - along with new physical form.
The external capacity can learn to emulate the
biological in portions it does not have actual
access to.

This would seem to be a closer to near term
possibility than some other paths.  I would
prefer the artificial capacity be largely outside
the human body to allow ease of continual
upgrade.  The brain interface is the most important
aspect and may require implants versus external
readers/writers depending on the technology.
It would be nice if it could be all done externally
to keep it non-medical.

I am more interested in developing full AI
myself but I would not be opposed to developing
and trying external reader/writer added capacity.

Dennis May