[ExI] The twists & turns of politics & idealism (was: The End of the Future)

BillK pharos at gmail.com
Mon Oct 10 07:50:43 UTC 2011

On Sun, Oct 9, 2011 at 11:44 PM, BillK wrote:
> It really doesn't matter what the media does or what laws appear if
> the underlying situation isn't fixed.
>

>From AP news:
<http://www.newsday.com/news/nation/wall-street-protesters-fed-up-with-both-parties-1.3228505>
Wall Street protesters fed up with both parties
Their chief target is Wall Street, but many of the demonstrators in
New York and across the U.S. also are thoroughly disgusted with
Washington, blaming politicians of both major parties for policies
they say protect corporate America at the expense of the middle class.

"At this point I don't see any difference between George Bush and
Obama. The middle class is a lot worse than when Obama was elected,"
said John Penley, an unemployed legal worker from Brooklyn.
--------------------------

and

<http://www.washingtonsblog.com/2011/10/welcome-to-the-ows-99-movement-%E2%80%9Cwe-will-not-be-co-opted%E2%80%9D.html>
Welcome to the #OWS 99% Movement “We Will NOT Be Co-Opted”
Preface from Washington’s Blog: Both mainstream Democratic and
Republican parties are working furiously behind the scenes to co-opt
the Wall Street protests. But as the Associated Press notes, the
protesters are fed up with both mainstream parties, as are most of the
American people.

BillK