[ExI] The twists & turns of politics & idealism (was: The End of the Future)

spike spike66 at att.net
Mon Oct 10 16:16:48 UTC 2011

>... On Behalf Of Adrian Tymes

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2011/10/10/occupy-atlanta-protesters-use-ass
embly-rules-to-prevent-rep-lewis-from-speaking/

>...I read that article, and my take on it was that they were nervous about
letting Lewis speak because he is a Representative, and thus part of the
establishment they are rebelling against.  Unwise, sure - most successful
revolutions got backing from disaffected members of the previously existing
power block - but I didn't see anything in that article that suggested Lewis
being black had anything to do with not being allowed to speak...

Sure agreed, but imagine this had been a tea party rally and the same thing
had occurred.  Would the tea party get a free pass just because they didn't
have anything specifically racist about excluding Lewis?  Will the racist
Occupy movement be given a free pass?

The double standard here will be as much a stark contrast as day and night.