[ExI] new stem cell therapy

John Grigg possiblepaths2050 at gmail.com
Thu Oct 13 00:08:30 UTC 2011

 Spike wrote:

>   John, this is a critically important point sir: there was an erroneous
> conflation of stem cell research with embryonic stem cell research.  The
> fundamentalists were against creating embryos to harvest stem cells.  They
> managed to get government funding of that restricted.  That freed up more
> government money for patient-derived stem cell research, which ended up
> being far more fruitful, since the patient-derived cells do not need immune
> system suppressants.  ****
>
> ** **
>
> I do insist Johnny that you understand that subtle but important point.***
> *

Yes, I did know this, and should have been more exact in my words.  All I
can say to you and Damien (who hemmed and hawed about this in the early
stages of the fray) is...,  "The Lord surely works in mysterious ways!"

Oh, have you seen the Book of Mormon musical yet?  I can't wait!!!  I will
yell "blasphemy" during the whole performance and get thrown out by
security, unless I am laughing so hard that I am unable to cause trouble!

John  : )