[ExI] Avon's latest

Stefano Vaj stefano.vaj at gmail.com
Thu Oct 13 12:33:16 UTC 2011

2011/10/12 Amon Zero <amon at doctrinezero.com>

> I'll wager that they tested the name on focus groups, and the focus groups
> either didn't know or care about any association with eugenics, or what
> eugenics is.

I do not claim to have made any extensive research on the subject, but I
suspect that in Italy most people who are not bioethically aligned to the
Catholic church do make a difference between "eugenics", which they are
likely to consider simply a research field such as "ecology", and
"eugenism", which they are likely to consider as the naive and rather
ridiculous idea of the US in the 20s that any problem can be solved with
repressive eugenic measures (see the legislative bill in the state of
Missouri regarding the sterilisation of car thieves that I mention in my
book on biopolitics at http://www.biopolitica.it!).

--
Stefano Vaj