[ExI] Relativistic Uploads

Ben Zaiboc bbenzai at yahoo.com
Mon Oct 17 12:24:52 UTC 2011

The Avantguardian <avantguardian2020 at yahoo.com> wrote:

> I have a thought pertaining to the oft argued idea that
> space travel would be unpopular with posthumans because of
> subjective time slowing down to due to the higher clockspeed
> of a solid state substrate.

This is a new argument to me.

If you had access to your own 'clockspeed', you could speed it up or slow it down at will, so that a journey of any length would take virtually any subjective time you like.  You could make a journey of thousands of light-years take seconds.

I think the most persuasive argument is the fragmentation of your society, due to communication lag.

Ben Zaiboc