[ExI] What's the fastest language to speak?

spike spike66 at att.net
Mon Oct 17 19:08:30 UTC 2011

2011/10/17 Isabelle Hakala <ismirth at gmail.com>:

> ... I have said many times that I feel
> everyone in the US should learn ASL. If it were manditory starting in
> elementary school there would be no reason to exclude the Deaf,
> everyone could sign  in noisy clubs, wouldn't disturb others at the
> symphony by whispering...

Instead of ASL, couldn't they just text each other?  Seems like a perfect
solution for the deaf as well as those in the noisy nightclubs and symphony
performances.

Actually now that I think about it, if this goes as I expect, nightclubs
wouldn't be noisy.  It would be the audio equivalent of a lights-out
factory: a sound-out bar.