[ExI] Is Transhumanism Coercive?

Stefano Vaj stefano.vaj at gmail.com
Fri Oct 21 16:35:48 UTC 2011

On 21 October 2011 17:21, Natasha Vita-More <natasha at natasha.cc> wrote:

> Sorry for top posting. Anders is right.  In fact, I have read several
> dissertations expressly on "transhumanism". My phd is most definitely on
> transhumanism, although my advisors were strongly opposed to me using
> transhumanism in the title.

Transhumanism ultimately is a philosophy, which of course can and should be
learned, as for any other school of thought, by investigating its history
and the positions expressed by its authors and representatives, and I have
helped myself a student to prepare a doctorate thesis on the subject.

Transhumanism-relevant technologies or trends are of course an altogether
different subject, which can hardly be reduced to a single research field.

--
Stefano Vaj