[ExI] suv hipsters

spike spike66 at att.net
Fri Oct 21 23:32:51 UTC 2011

This little adventure has my wheels spinning wildly.  The ones in my head I
mean.

We have face identification software.  This AI class and the local felony
has me thinking we could write car identification software, which seems to
me like it would be a lot easier than faces, because cars don't change every
time the driver laughs.

Any ideas how to do it?  I thought of using the roof post angles with
horizontal.  Other ideas?

We could create a huge database easily enough.  The trick would be getting
the computer to digitize a photo and generate the angles from a side view.

We can sidestep the Big Brother aspect by having the processing done by
volunteers, sorta like Folding at home, except this would be specialized for
bagging criminals.  We could start Nabbing at home.com and really give the
sleazy perps hell.  We could have them hewing rocks to fit the prison
pillowcases in short order, haaaaaaa.