[ExI] useful resource for the St. Anford AI class people

Adrian Tymes atymes at gmail.com
Thu Oct 27 17:04:54 UTC 2011

1) Thanks, but we know.  It's linked to from the Discussion page
of the class; in fact, that and the Aiqus link seem to be the de
facto official discussion groups (and the Reddit one is primary, by
virtue of being linked first).  The Discussion page says the actual
official discussion is "coming soon" - but it's over 2 weeks into the
class, long enough to firmly establish the standard.  (Though I don't
see a problem with that, unless there's something the class needs
that Reddit can't or won't supply.)

2) It really is "Stanford", not "St. Anford".  The family of former
California Governor Leland Stanford didn't need sainthood to build a
university in his name.  See http://www.stanford.edu/about/history/ .

So, how's the class going for people?  I think I'm doing alright so far.
(100% on the first HW; can't see the score for the second at this
time.)  Then again, it's mainly been probability theory & applications
so far, a topic with which I was already familiar.