[ExI] Alcor dumping "grandfathering"?

Mike Dougherty msd001 at gmail.com
Thu Sep 1 01:01:49 UTC 2011

2011/8/31 Max More <max at maxmore.com>:
> Gaining new members is high on my priority list, starting in the very near
> future. I'm already working on that in some ways, but can really go on the
> offensive in a few months.

I have little useful commentary, but would like to suggest the
expression "go on the offensive" be reconsidered in future contexts.
:)

In the shallow world of misquotes, misreads, and outright skimming we
shouldn't use the word "offensive" lest it be associated with either
the poster or the idea being discussed.

If this is just subtle psychology, consider that we've been told not
to reply "no problem" at the end of a customer service / support call
so we aren't leaving the customer with a resounding "No" and "problem"
as the last words said.