[ExI] deathless meat

Stefano Vaj stefano.vaj at gmail.com
Fri Sep 2 12:26:22 UTC 2011

2011/9/1 spike <spike66 at att.net>

> ** **
>
> Let’s hope they can work out this plan:****
>
> ** **
>

> http://www.foxnews.com/leisure/2011/09/01/slaughter-free-stem-cell-meat-sausage-coming-soon/?test=latestnews
> ****
>
> ** **
>
> The article goes off on a tangent about how the meat from stem cells
> doesn’t taste good, but they ignore the enormous breakthrough it would be.

Probably, a neat marketing trick would be *not* to call it "meat" - the word
creating not just expectations of a given taste, but sounding disgusting
anyway to vegan and vegetarians (btw, out of sheer neoluddism and
nutritional fanaticism most of them are in Italy "against" artificial meat
irrespective of the "animal lives" it would save).

I started eating things in the "framework" of Japanese cuisine that I would
have had found disgusting had they been served in an allegedly Milanese meal
(say, rice cooked too much, in too little water, without any salt, and
served in bowl).

--
Stefano Vaj