[ExI] Destructive uploading.

Ben Zaiboc bbenzai at yahoo.com
Sat Sep 3 17:55:03 UTC 2011

Adrian Tymes <atymes at gmail.com> wrote:

> They are collections of things *and* their coherence through
> time,
> which allows the parts to be gradually replaced - and, by the same token,
> does
> not allow all the parts to be replaced at once.

I freely admit to being a bear of very little brain, so could you please explain this?

It seems to me that 'by the same token', /no/ difference exists between gradual and simultaneous replacement.

I don't see how replacing a system's parts one-by-one with identically-functional replacements is any different in effect to replacing them all at the same time.

In fact, I don't see any practical difference between any of the myriad states between system A (unmodified), system A1 (one part replaced by a functionally-identical component), A2.., An, and B (all parts replaced).  Therefore, by my perception of the logic here, there is no functional difference between A and B, whether B was attained via gradual or simultaneous replacement.

Please explain the (presumed, by your above statement) error in my thinking.

Ben Zaiboc