[ExI] Destructive uploading.

Stefano Vaj stefano.vaj at gmail.com
Tue Sep 6 10:02:37 UTC 2011

On 5 September 2011 19:26, Adrian Tymes <atymes at gmail.com> wrote:

> 2011/9/5 Stefano Vaj <stefano.vaj at gmail.com>:
> > Actually,... no. No matter how you perform the upload, perfect continuity
> is
> > perceived by the upload, by definition (one cannot be anybody but oneself
> at
> > any stage of the process
>
> Nope.  One can perceive a significant shift in who one is during the
> process,
> such that one (and others) perceive a different self afterward.

Perception of change, yes. Don't we always perceive that? Not to mention
when we undergo major surgery...

A perception of "ceasing to be oneself" I would contend that it is
impossible by definition. For the copy or for the original...

> Similarly, if one approximates B from A, either B' is different enough
> from
> > B that it can be described as a different result - and graduality is
> > irrelevant for this purpose, or is "similar enough", and in such event
> > nothing change.
>
> Unless, of course, graduality is the key to whether one ends up with B or
> B' -
> which seems to be the case, based on what hard evidence there is (namely,
> similar processes with other things).

How would that be the case? A sudden change which produces the same result
as a the gradual one... would produce the same result.
--
Stefano Vaj