[ExI] Destructive uploading.

Eugen Leitl eugen at leitl.org
Tue Sep 6 11:10:06 UTC 2011

On Sat, Sep 03, 2011 at 11:01:43AM -0700, Ben Zaiboc wrote:
> Florent Berthet <florent.berthet at gmail.com> grokked:

> > nothing special about us.
> >
> > As counter-intuitive as it is, there is nothing to be
> > afraid of concerning
> > destructive uploading, the pattern that makes your
> > consciousness is the only
> > thing that matters. Gradually transferring a mind is no
> > different that
> > destroying it a recreating it. Nobody else would make the
> > difference and
> > neither would you, because there isn't any.
>

> Well done, Florent.
>
> By Jove, I think you've got it!

Indeed; and also providing a nice graded progression,
sufficiently succicnt even for attention-deficient.

> I hope that doesn't sound condescending, it's sincerely not meant to be.
>
> It seems that very few people genuinely grok this concept, you seem to have joined their ranks.  Congratulations on making the transition from Crypto-Dualist to true Materialist!
>
> A bit scary, but exhilarating, no?

Ah, but that rabbit-hole can go a bit further down, still
http://groups.google.com/group/everything-list/browse_thread/thread/4c995dee307def3b/9f94f4d49cb2b9e6?pli=1
(and similar).

With enough drugs, maybe.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0ahc1b0Tm7A