[ExI] Destructive uploading.

Mike Dougherty msd001 at gmail.com
Thu Sep 8 03:06:55 UTC 2011

On Wed, Sep 7, 2011 at 3:39 PM, Eugen Leitl <eugen at leitl.org> wrote:
> Above is probably too compressed to make much sense, unless you are me.
> It does make sense though, honest. I can expand, if necessary.

Given the topic, "unless you are me" is quite ironic.  However much it
did/does make sense may be a measure of how much we're distant in
history and programming.

> How can you afford it? People will eat your lunch.

So you plan to spend all your resource to run a primary (or solitary)
instance with the hope of keeping ahead of the 'competition'?  Because
you're right, the native machine intelligences don't have all the
baggage evolution have left us and they'll eat both of our lunches.  I
imagine that my lunch will be of so little consequence resource-wise
that it won't be worthwhile for the big dogs to cross the junkyard to
take my scraps.  I may be abnormal in my acceptance of having so
little consequence in the big picture.