[ExI] Destructive uploading.

Eugen Leitl eugen at leitl.org
Thu Sep 8 10:01:08 UTC 2011

On Thu, Sep 08, 2011 at 08:55:56AM +0200, Florent Berthet wrote:

> Exactly. And that's why I see the destructiveness of an uploading method as
> a non-issue.

Even continuity is not required. I balk at equating jumbled
trajectory slices from subsequent computation and throwing
out time. This is nonsense, as each frame follows from
another, and there's no way to be able to jump far in
time without explicitly traversing histories in-between.
Strictly no shortcuts.
Hashlife is different as it only deals with lightcones,
and there's probably no way to tell you're being hashed,
sliced and diced ten times to Sunday and back as an internal
observer. People postulating an infinity of esternal states
embedded in some metareality are probably in the same class
as Tipler. Too fond of religion.