[ExI] 'Militant Atheists' (Was: Religion & transhumanism (not the usual!))

Ben Zaiboc bbenzai at yahoo.com
Thu Sep 8 14:42:01 UTC 2011

I'm pretty bemused - if not dismayed - by all this bandying about of the term 'militant atheist' as if it actually meant something.

I know there are some (religious) people who use the term, but come on, it's a joke.  There are no, and never have been any, militant atheists.

Outspoken atheists, yes. Boorish, boring, shouty, rabid, obsessive, etc., but never militant.

Ben Zaiboc
(aggressively not believing in the tooth fairy since 1970)