[ExI] A Nobel laureate and climate change

kellycoinguy at gmail.com kellycoinguy at gmail.com
Sat Sep 17 22:45:16 UTC 2011

On Sep 17, 2011 1:41 PM, BillK <pharos at gmail.com> wrote:

2011/9/17 Dennis May wrote:

<snip>

You live in a mythical world.  If a US billionaire wanted to produce a

new product his first thought would be to get quotes from Chinese

factories.

That's why the US people are facing poverty and living off food stamps.

The rich are China's friends.

BillK

Bill.. If the rich want to produce spatulas or vacuums.. Then yes they go to China to get them built... But if they want true innovation, rather that rote duplication of stuff that has already been done, then there is still no place to beat the USA.

A big part of successful innovation is venture capital. China's government funds some research.. But it is a drop in the bucket compared to the US private investment in true innovation.

I think you are the one living in a very different world than those of us who innovate in the private sector. Without the rich, we would not exist.

-Kelly

ext