[ExI] Automated black-box-based system design of unsupervised hyperintelligent learning systems

Kelly Anderson kellycoinguy at gmail.com
Mon Sep 19 22:36:21 UTC 2011

On Mon, Sep 19, 2011 at 7:12 AM, Mike Dougherty <msd001 at gmail.com> wrote:
> You can't build something smarter than yourself.

I call bull shit on this one. Suppose that I can build something half
as smart as I am, then run it at four times the speed I run. It would
be twice as smart, even though you didn't know how to build something
that initially was smarter than me...

This is just a silly thing to say. How would you even define smarter?
Hell a 4 function calculator is smarter than me at multiplication.

Something smarter that me isn't the light speed limit for Thor's
sake!!! It's not even the sound barrier.

-Kelly