[ExI] Faster than light??

Giulio Prisco giulio at gmail.com
Fri Sep 23 11:13:49 UTC 2011

On Fri, Sep 23, 2011 at 1:05 PM, Eugen Leitl <eugen at leitl.org> wrote:
> On Fri, Sep 23, 2011 at 11:34:53AM +0200, Stefano Vaj wrote:
>
>> The real issue, however, is whether info can be transferred at a FTL speed.
>> This would be an even bigger WOW, since it would mean that special
>> relativity can actually be breached...
>
> FTL is equivalent to causality violations and retrograde information
> transmission, which is a pretty tall order. I would not be holding my breath.

I guess there may have been experimental and/or data analysis errors.
Yet, it seems that similar results had already be obtained in 2007:
http://www.nature.com/news/2011/110922/full/news.2011.554.html
and it would not be the first time that new experimental results force
a deep paradigm shift in physics. Let's watch the webcast at 4pm (EU
time) and hear what they say.