[ExI] Conversational rules (and metaconversational games)

spike spike66 at att.net
Wed Sep 28 13:56:53 UTC 2011

From: extropy-chat-bounces at lists.extropy.org
[mailto:extropy-chat-bounces at lists.extropy.org] On Behalf Of Amon Zero
Subject: [ExI] Conversational rules (and metaconversational games)

On 28 September 2011 03:47, F. C. Moulton <moulton at moulton.com> wrote:

<snip>
...I am all for criticism of all ideas.  What
I would suggest is that those making the criticism also apply the same
level and types of criticism to their own pet ideas.

>.Well said!

>.Fred's sentiment, above, is a good one I think. Of course we also have
fairly typical moderator rules. . - A

On the contrary, ExI-chat is intentionally way more lightly moderated than
any internet group I know.  This is sometimes to our detriment, but is in
keeping with the origins of this list.  In my opinion, the benefits outweigh
the costs of doing business that way.  We do sometimes need to suffer fools
(not you, Amon, but you may have read some here occasionally) in order to
encourage open expression.

Carry on, me lads!