[ExI] The silent PV revolution

Eugen Leitl eugen at leitl.org
Fri Apr 6 09:44:06 UTC 2012

On Thu, Apr 05, 2012 at 07:41:54AM -0700, spike wrote:

> I see something unsettlingly analogous in the relationship between Germany
> and Greece: the krauts keep loaning money to Greece so the togas can keep

The bailout money never reaches the people in the street. Somebody is
really trying to hard to get people mad enough that it will take
tanks to stop them. Why do you think Pirates are at 10-12% in Krautlandia
now?

> buying those really cool German sports cars, with no reasonably logical
> means of ever reaching an equilibrium.  Gene what is the end game of that?

In absence of ability to do massive financial support to weaker
regions while enforce policy changes (like it works in the US,
with one common currency across economically very different
regions) the only way is breaking up the region into several
(2-4) tiers, each with their own currency (EUR0, EUR1, EUR2 etc.)
capable to free-float in respect to each other.