[ExI] The silent PV revolution

spike spike66 at att.net
Tue Apr 10 16:25:19 UTC 2012

From: extropy-chat-bounces at lists.extropy.org
[mailto:extropy-chat-bounces at lists.extropy.org] On Behalf Of Stefano Vaj
.

>.While the sun is perfectly OK to dry oneself after a swim, or to operate
the lamp of a cabin in the wood, as far as the primary sources for the grid
and large-scale energy production are concerned no matter how efficient the
panels can be made, we would still be trying to squeeze the most of a
limited, low-temperature, diluted, discontinuous energy source. wasting
square meters with structures of dubious elegance and altering the albedo of
our planet.  -- Stefano Vaj

Solar has its limitations, but I see it being one of the major players.
Regardless of what we do, we must radically rethink how we use energy.
Currently the waste is absurd, and we do it just because we can.  In the
future we cannot.