[ExI] The silent PV revolution

Mirco Romanato painlord2k at libero.it
Wed Apr 11 11:42:32 UTC 2012

Il 09/04/2012 11:51, Eugen Leitl ha scritto:
> On Mon, Apr 09, 2012 at 01:06:53AM -0600, Kelly Anderson wrote:
>
>> You are right to a point. When the government unnaturally props up
>> renewables, it is a scam. When the marketplace needs renewables, then
>> it is not. One day, perhaps in the not too distant future according to
>> some very smart people, solar photovoltaics will be economically
>> competitive with coal. When it is, then it will no longer be a scam.
>
> I don't understand the full intricacies of
> http://cleantechnica.com/2012/04/06/its-here-solar-renewable-grid-parity-or-better-in-californias-latest-renewable-power-auction/
> but it indicates that grid parity in California has happened,
> or is about to happen.

Just to add salt to the Californian wound:
http://www.breitbart.com/Big-Government/2012/04/03/the-worlds-largest-solar-power-plant-goes-bankrupt

"The CEO of Solar Trust, Uwe T. Schmidt thought that the loan was "too
risky".  The Obama administration was willing to loan more than two
billion taxpayer dollars to a company who was unwilling to take that
kind of risk. The company's bankruptcy filings indicate they employed
only nine people.

This $2.1 billion loan guarantee would have been equivalent to more than
three Solyndra sized loans. Solar Trust is one of the companies Peter
Schweizer mentioned in his book Throw Them All Out who were offered or
received large Department of Energy loans or grants and also have ties
to President Obama. Schweizer notes in his book that Citigroup Global
Partners and Deutsche Bank have invested $6 billion in this project. "

How strange the subsides always turn out in the hands of "friends of the
friends". US, Italy, Germany. It is all the same.

Mirco