[ExI] why teaching creationism is a lesser evil

Rafal Smigrodzki rafal.smigrodzki at gmail.com
Wed Apr 11 23:04:37 UTC 2012

Cross-posted from another list:

On Wed, Apr 11, 2012 at 4:37 PM, Damien Broderick <thespike at satx.rr.com> wrote:

> Law allows creationism to be taught in Tenn. public schools
> Washington Post - ‎1 hour ago‎
>
> <http://www.washingtonpost.com/national/law-allows-creationism-to-be-taught-in-tenn-public-schools/2012/04/11/gIQAAjqxAT_story.html>

### Interesting how the article is trying to use the billy club of
"science" to bash two completely different sets of statements -
creationism, a religiously inspired denial of science, and climate
change skepticism, a scientific opposition to politicized
pseudoscience.

I am again reminded of the limitations of our minds and, much more so,
our social organizations. In a competitive environment, the truth has
a way of surviving and thriving which is why it's better to have a
chaotic, multicentric educational system that exposes some pupils to
intellectual garbage along with the truth rather than to have a
bureaucracy claiming to have a monopoly on truth - and predictably
failing to deliver, as evidenced by the mass brainwashing of children
along environmentalist, antihumanist lines in US government schools.

Rafal