[ExI] Old stuff on this list

spike spike66 at att.net
Mon Apr 16 04:41:17 UTC 2012

-----Original Message-----
From: extropy-chat-bounces at lists.extropy.org
[mailto:extropy-chat-bounces at lists.extropy.org] On Behalf Of BillK

>...We live in interesting times (to quote the Chinese proverb).  BillK

The ancient Chinese curse, may you live in interesting times, is so very
illustrative of how good we have it.  Back in the old days, and really most
of history including now for most of the planet, interesting was nearly
always bad news.  Change was so painful, and still is for most of modern
humanity.  But you and I are in a very special place in a very special time,
where interesting is good.  For us, change is progress, and progress is
good.

My friends, we are damn lucky people.