[ExI] Finally!

spike spike66 at att.net
Sun Apr 22 13:14:55 UTC 2012

>... On Behalf Of BillK
Subject: Re: [ExI] Finally!

On Sat, Apr 21, 2012 at 11:47 PM, Brent Allsop  wrote:
<snip>
>> stand in the way of what the expert consensus uploaders want to do?

>...I don't see how cataloguing different opinions is going to remove
competition, disagreement, arguing, fighting, etc...Cataloguing opinions is
useful, like a dictionary. But it won't stop opposing opinion groups
fighting...BillK

I have been looking for some means of multiplying opinions by the level of
information in the opinion holder.  We have an informal way of doing that
now: we find subject matter experts.  But we don't have a way to rigorously
scale the value of an opinion, or map how an opinion might be influenced by
external factors, such as religious or political views.  The canonizer might
do something like that, or have the capacity to be expanded in that way.