[ExI] sinclair zx spectruim is 30

Anders Sandberg anders at aleph.se
Tue Apr 24 18:52:33 UTC 2012

On 24/04/2012 18:43, spike wrote:

> Guys do you remember these?

Oh yes... this is how I spent the 80s, more or less.

I need to send a congratulation card to my speccy. It is nicely packaged
next to my ZX81 up in Stockholm.

The wonder of the machine was that it was graspable: all aspects were
more or less known, from the hardware over the assembler to the limited
operating system. One could in principle understand it completely, no
aspects were secret or inaccessible.

This kind of machine made you very aware of the importance of optimizing
code. Kids today don't know how good they have it and waste so much
resources...

--
Anders Sandberg,
Future of Humanity Institute