[ExI] "Controlling the cost of health care" an immoral idea?

Brent Allsop brent.allsop at canonizer.com
Sat Apr 28 00:06:43 UTC 2012

Folks,

I was just wondering if anyone else is as frustrated as I am about all
the blind to the future, talking heads, news pundats, politicians, and
so on, so bent on "Controlling the cost of health care".

If we want to the average life span to continue on it's exponentially
growing trajectory, we, as a society, need to be ready to pay the
exponentially growing cost of funding such.  There is an exponentially
growing number of things physicians can do to help us live longer, and
even though the costs of all such are dropping, dramatically, none of it
is going to be free, especially the initial development of all such.

We simply need some visionary leaders that can see the future, and to
help is enjoy paying more of what we earn in life for something that is
SOO worth it, and give up this blind, immoral, destructive, primitive,
and evil attitude that "health care costs need to be controlled" as if
we should expect them to stay what they were in the dark ages, when
doctors could do nothing at all.

Brent Allsop