[ExI] cost of SBSP and thorium

BillK pharos at gmail.com
Sun Aug 19 19:13:46 UTC 2012

On Sun, Aug 19, 2012 at 7:36 PM, Eugen Leitl wrote:
<snip>
> The dolchstosslegende of thorium fuel cycle being unsuitable for
> nuclear weapons is also bullshit, both because the projects were
> civilian, and because U-233 happens to be as suitable for making
> weapons like U-239. So you're doubly wrong here.

Interesting....... I understand what you are saying, but the word
'dolchstosslegende' seems unusual for the context.
In English you mean 'false story' or 'deliberately misleading story'
or 'canard'. But 'dolchstosslegende' seems to refer to the right wing
myth which helped Hitler's rise to power. Has 'dolchstosslegende'
changed into a more general, colloquial use in modern German?

BillK