[ExI] self driving cars again

spike spike66 at att.net
Sun Aug 19 20:31:20 UTC 2012

OK, so it really was an obvious idea.  All my ideas are either old or crazy.
I thought this one might be crazy, but turns out it was sane and old:

http://singularityhub.com/2012/08/19/stanfords-self-driving-car-tears-it-up-
on-racetrack-tops-120-mph/?utm_source=The+Harvest+Is+Bountiful
<http://singularityhub.com/2012/08/19/stanfords-self-driving-car-tears-it-up
-on-racetrack-tops-120-mph/?utm_source=The+Harvest+Is+Bountiful&utm_medium=e
mail&utm_campaign=204dd50256-RSS_EMAIL_CAMPAIGN>
&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=204dd50256-RSS_EMAIL_CAMPAIGN

Stanford's Self-Driving Car Tears It Up On Racetrack - Tops 120 MPH

Just as Google's self-driving Prius goes for distance, recently passing
300,000 miles
<http://singularityhub.com/2012/08/15/googles-self-driving-car-passes-300000
-miles-employees-to-start-commuting-with-it/> , Stanford's self-driving Audi
TTS instead has the need for speed. The Audi, known as Shelley, sped around
the Thunderhill Raceway track north of Sacramento topping 120 miles per hour
<http://news.stanford.edu/pr/2012/pr-shelley-autonomous-car-081312.html>  on
straightaways. The less than two and a half minutes it took to complete the
3-mile course is comparable to times achieved by professional drivers.

Kewall.  {8-]