[ExI] mazlow's heirarchy of needs

Anders Sandberg anders at aleph.se
Fri Dec 7 21:47:36 UTC 2012

On 07/12/2012 02:55, spike wrote:

> >... But it is amazing how fast we have adapted to a world where
> information is accessible. It is also integrated in many parts of our
> life: the food, shelter, social stuff are all partially linked to it...
>
> It sure is! Our world will not work right without internet.  This
> suggests we need to think more about emergency procedures if it goes
> down, for whatever reason.

Byzantium linux might be an interesting component:
http://project-byzantium.org/
http://linuxfreedom.com/byzantium/

But this will of course only allow the people with it already installed
to communicate (and give away installs to neighbors). The real issue is
getting long-range comms working.

--
Anders Sandberg,
Future of Humanity Institute