[ExI] mazlow's heirarchy of needs

spike spike66 at att.net
Mon Dec 10 16:28:42 UTC 2012

>... On Behalf Of Rafal Smigrodzki
Subject: Re: [ExI] mazlow's heirarchy of needs

On Thu, Dec 6, 2012 at 9:55 PM, spike <spike66 at att.net> wrote:

 There is an important lesson in here.  What if
> *everybody’s* internet went down simultaneously?  Oh we would be so screwed.

### We would all "head out Californee way":

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Over_Logging

Rafal

Waaaaaaahahahahahahaaaaaa!  {8^D

I didn't see the episode (couldn't, my internet connection going down would have taken my television signal out as well if I had a television) but the wiki description of it sounds hilarious.  {8^D

Thanks Rafal.

This comment from the article made me wonder about something:  >>>Back at the camp, everybody discovers that their laptops are working and rejoice at the return of the Internet. Shelley, ecstatic that she will now be able to communicate with Amir, suddenly hears a boy call out her name. It is the actual Amir, whose family had also traveled across the country to get Internet. The two are awkward around each other, and make plans to e-mail each other instead of communicating in-person.<<<

Internet dating came about long after I was happily married, so perhaps some of the younger cats here could answer this one.  Are there instances where a couple meets online, loves each other wildly, does realtime chat and skype, shares pictures in all stages of undress and so forth, then meet in the meat world only to find that the chemistry is mysteriously missing?  Or not just missing, the chemistry is negative?  They can't even figure out why.  Then what?  Do they go back to the mostly imaginary email world?  What of those who are good with the written word and know how to type stuff that turns on each other, but they just can't seem to reflect that talent in person?  Who here both knows and is willing to share?  Inquiring minds want to know.