[ExI] Kurzweil joins Google

Kelly Anderson kellycoinguy at gmail.com
Sat Dec 15 19:12:26 UTC 2012

There are a hundred ways having Ray at Google makes sense. He apparently
was closely associated with the Watson team in some fashion, and that is
the direction Google search needs to go to remain competitive. Aside from
that, there is the Google Cars thing, as well as the "try to build a mind"
thing that he seems to have a pretty decent handle on.

I'm a third of the way through his latest book. It is a little vague so
far, but I'll let you know if he proposes anything implementable, or if it
is all smoke. If he can get AGI going, that would be good for Google in a
huge number of ways.

-Kelly