[ExI] Energy Defeatism

Andrew Mckee andymck35 at gmail.com
Wed Dec 19 10:32:33 UTC 2012

On Wed, 19 Dec 2012 06:48:14 +1300, spike <spike66 at att.net> wrote:

> Excellent, good work New Zealand.  The USA is a huge energy consumer and we

Well, not sure anyone can take credit for it, or claim that was the plan all along.
It just happens to rain a lot in New Zealand, pretty much throughout the entire year.
So hydro power, pretty much a no brainer really.

> True, and good work Kiwis.  But New Zealand doesn't have near the population
> densities and growth pressure we yanks have, nor nearly the hordes of
> immigrants willing and eager to break the law to come here and breed like

For sure, pretty much apples and oranges as far as comparisons go.

> crazy, making our energy problems worse every day.  Not only have we not
> stabilized our population as New Zealand has done, we cannot.  So we need to
> get going on energy solutions.

Well I wouldn't say we stabilized our population in any way, more like the current NZ government is doing such a great job ruining our economy, many New Zealanders  with a transferable job skill are leaving the country by the plane load.  :-)