[ExI] Engineering

Ben Zaiboc bbenzai at yahoo.com
Wed Dec 19 14:43:36 UTC 2012

> From: Keith Henson <hkeithhenson at gmail.com> wrote:

> OK, if the people who can raise the money say they have to
> demonstrate
> things like power beaming before they can raise the money,
> fine.

It occurs to me that you may not have to be in orbit to demonstrate beaming power through the atmosphere.  You could possibly do it on the ground.  How high would a tower have to be to see the top of another equally-tall tower with, what, 100 miles of air between them?  50 miles?  Whatever would be equivalent to beaming down from orbit (not 200 miles, because the air only gets thick at the bottom).

Not quite the same, of course, but for publicity purposes, it might be worth doing.

Ben Zaiboc