[ExI] repercieve the economy [was: Engineering]

Mirco Romanato painlord2k at libero.it
Fri Dec 21 17:27:44 UTC 2012

Il 21/12/2012 14:20, ablainey at aol.com ha scritto:

> I fully agree Spike, Energy already is money. Switching to an obviously
> energy related currency will simple avoid the confusion and cyclic
> references which are already in the system. As you pointed out in the
> energy to get gold.
> Its a more honest system and possibly easier to understand by the masses.

The problem is how the masses can understand the problem when smart
elites have problem grasping the problem?

Energy is consumed where gold is recycled.
A currency based on energy give a lot of power to the people producing
energy (the have the money printer) and force the other people to depend
from them. Obviously we are talking about legal tender with a monopoly
imposed by the force of the government, otherwise there would not be
reason to argue.

It would be an improvement over fiat money, but would be vastly less
useful than gold, silver or bitcoin.

I want something that I can hold in my hand and I have total control
over. Something I can move around how I see fit and useful to myself and
my goals. Something other people can not create, destroy or take away at
will without a large effort and a lot of work and cost.

How much energy I can hold in my hand? How much energy can I move from
here to there using my car? How much this energy will last if I don't
use it?

IMHO, with the current technology, your energy-based currency (not
money) is just another debt based currency like the US$ and the € and
all other legal tender currencies in the world. Someone issue pieces of
paper that can be redeemed for energy in the future (maybe):

1) Can they be redeemed all at the same time? I bet not.

2) What prevent the emitter to print more paper than the energy it
really can deliver in the future? Nothing.

3) What prevent the emitter(s) from reducing the production and raising
the value of the single unit of energy. Less he produce more it is valuable.

Mirco