[ExI] repercieve the economy [was: Engineering]

ablainey at aol.com ablainey at aol.com
Sat Dec 22 14:46:18 UTC 2012

>> ... On Behalf Of Mirco Romanato

>Money is money because it can change hands, usually any hand. How do you
>plan to sell your energy to others? In what form? Gasoline from corn is
>not the same as diesel from algae or electricity connected to the grid.
>They could be money, but they are different money from each other. It is
>like having to deal with US$, €, yen and every one can be used only for
>a limited subset of purchases.

 Money will still be money, only it will be backed by something that exists or is known to exist. Not backed by nothing or created from debt or backed by something that may or may not exist in the ground somewhere.
Exchange rates already exist for energy, KW to BTU to Joule......The value of each energy source is calculable. You can use whatever universal symbol you want or convert to/from any other.
the financial infrastructure that exists doesn't care if you change the $ prefix to a KW or any other denomination.

>That would be the people with the power plant (nuclear, coal, oil, gas,
>whatever). And, be sure, if they adopted this there would be a law (many
>laws) against doing it at home. You know, ecology, blah, blah, blah,
>pollution, ...
 Already happening. Again a cynic might think that people in charge and industry is already fully aware that things are headed in this direction and are trying to stop it.

>In a complex economy, self sufficient people is self-sufficient on a
>degree. If I control the power that power the steel plant, your
>self-sufficient farm will anyway need to use my steel to continue to
>produce. And I underbid you with my money production, because my coal
>plant produce energy (and money) at lower cost
 No man is an island in any type of economy. How can you underbid? The energy is the money. Why would you sell energy at lower than its value? Will you sell me $100 for $50? If so im happy to buy.
you are not producing it at lower cost. You are just producing it. The efficiency at which you produce it does not change the value of the product only your profitability.
Yes I will need your steel. How much energy you produce or have stored doesn't effect the cost of the steel. The bank balance of a steel mill doesn't effect the price of its product, the market value does.
Your increased efficiency relates to your profit not my buying power.