[ExI] Unilateralist was uploads

Keith Henson hkeithhenson at gmail.com
Mon Dec 24 01:10:26 UTC 2012

On Sun, Dec 23, 2012 at 2:14 PM,  Anders Sandberg <anders at aleph.se> wrote:

> However, there is a another problem (we call it the unilateralist
> curse): in some situations it is enough that one agent decides to act
> and the full effects of the action will affect everyone.

If the Russians still have 20 tons of smallpox left over from their
USSR days, they could unilaterally reduce the world population by a
few billion.

A possibly less drastic sea change will hit if and when one of the big
players decides to build power satellites.  I can see no way to have
them without some being equipped with propulsion lasers because the
economics are compelling.

Keith